Saturday, March 29, 2008

My First Pitch


Back during my internship years, I met a lot of fellow artists who were pitching to Frederator. They're the ones who produce the Oh Yeah! cartoons, now Random cartoons. Such toons that got famous from their short cartoons were Fairly Oddparents, Teenage Robot, Chalkzone, and now Fanboy. Yes, it was at this time I worked with Eric Robles on the X's. He was a character designer at the time. He was pitching Fanboy, and just seeing his artwork and hearing his premise inspired me to pitch my own. So I teamed up with Oliver and pitched a story called "My Pet Peeve." I pitched it two times, both pretty much completely different stories, but keeping the same style and characters. Oliver did such an awesome job with the pitch boards. Maybe it was my delivery that needed work. But it was my first time, I was still a student and didn't know much professionally, so it was a great, if daunting, experience. You know how on Mario Party they have the computer difficulty level as being easy, medium, hard, and brutal? Well, I think they were on Brutal-mode.

Anyway, here is a sample of the artwork. I should include some character designs Oliver did. This is just the exterior of Pauline's house, day. Oliver did the black and white sketch. I cleaned it up and colored it.

Maybe I'll return to this one day.

No comments: