Saturday, March 29, 2008

Inspiration

While a lot of people back in school were inspired by Ragnar, I was inspired one day by Michel Gagne (I have a link on the side to his page.) Gagne had released a book called Insanely Twisted Rabbits, which I had picked up in college one day. Because I wanted to practice my design skills and amp up my Illustrator skills, I produced these two twisted monsters.

Eyes Meet Tongue. Tongue Meet Eyes.



While in junior high and high school, besides all the Lisa Frank stickers I collected, I was also a huge fan of Mary Engelbreit. Here's something I made for my mom one year for Mother's Day:



Then, in college, I took another Art Appreciation Class, this time learning about Renaissance to Modern Artwork. So many pieces on the Maesta that I had to do one of my own. This one I also gave to my mother on Mother's Day one year.

No comments: