Saturday, March 29, 2008

As an intern... continued

I went around to other productions at Nickelodeon and asked several artists to give me artwork with which I could practice my skills. To tell you the truth, these tests forced me to learn how to paint digitally, as well as cleanup rough sketches.

These are a few digitally painted BGs from cartoon called "Johnny Test" which aired on Kids WB for a season or so. These were my first BGs I've painted in Adobe Photoshop (CS2). My portfolio teacher from Woodbury suggested I do some light studies with these. So not only did I practice with a variety of fun photoshop brushes, but I learned how important it was that the color modes for both the monitor and the print job be in sync. Too technical for my liking.



Study of day and night for an Interior setting.



Study of day and dusk for an Exterior setting.


Study of the four seasons on one Exterior setting.

No comments: