Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Really really old... like high school old....

As you can tell, much of my inspiration came from anime and video games. And the occasional fantasy novel through which I had been perusing. I was in junior high when I had this idea for a fantasy novel of my own. So I created a girl much like me in many respects, and I named her Rachel. (Can you see the similarities already?) Rachel travels to an unknown land called Visona, and there she encounters friends she never dreamed she'd ever have. She goes on adventures with them, and in so doing discovers herself and her true gift. Yes, very typical premise to many in the fantasy genre.

Here are some images from my beloved story:

1. Rachel solo
2. Woodblock Print

3. Collage - Rachel vs. Relic

4. Relic Face
5. CD cover

As far as the book series goes... I've completed the first three, though I revised the first one three times thereafter, and then I outlined the last four. I feel it will always be my work in progress, much like the life I lead.

* Note: "Visona" images and story copyright Rochelle Perry *

No comments: